Borrowing this graphic from Janet Denison.
Could not say it any better.
1. Be Present For Family and Friends – There are many important things to think about this time of year. Barb and I don’t want to forget anyone or omit anything that matters. So, in these last days of December, make your lists and check them twice… both for Christmas and New Year’s. Let us all remember people not presents under the tree matter. Time, service and love are the true gifts.
2. Send God’s Love – I just read a .ppt version of the Christmas story and it’s full of unexpected guests and gifts. I don’t imagine Mary would have been prepared to meet the group of shepherds when they arrived. But they didn’t come to see her or be served a meal. They had come to visit the baby the angels had spoken about.
The magi were Persian kings. Mary would not have owned anything that would have impressed them. Instead, they had come to honor her Child. They left her with gifts that had eternal significance.
3. Attend Church – The Bible tells us Christians need to come together so we can worship God with other believers and be taught His Word for our spiritual growth and the implications of it in their lives. Church is the place where believers can love one another (1 John 4:12) encourage one another (Hebrews 3:13), serve one another (Galatians 5:13), instruct one another (Romans 15:14), honor one another (Romans 12:10) and be kind and compassionate to one another (Ephesians 4:32).
4. Make Lasting Memories –
- Who needs a phone call or visit?
- And who needs your gift of patience or compassion?
- Who needs help with their Christmas holiday preparation?
- Who needs to understand Christmas is about Christ ?
And who needs your gift of patience or compassion?
- Who would gladly change places with you this Christmas?
5. Be The Light – Perhaps you think your gifts would be insignificant, but all of us have something to offer. What has God blessed you with that you can share? God gives us resources such as finances and time, talents such as culinary skills or musical ability, and spiritual gifts such as encouragement or teaching. We should ask God for wisdom on how to use those resources and commit ourselves to expending them according to His will so that He may be glorified.
6. Donate Your Gifts –
“From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked” (Luke 12:48). We have been entrusted with certain things, and faithfulness requires that we manage those things wisely and unselfishly
As you make your lists, we ask you to pray about one more gift to consider? You have ministries that you want to bless with a year-end gift. We know you have a lot of options, and you can’t say yes to everyone. So, we simply ask you to pray and give to organizations that God places on your heart to support.
24kGoldMarriage.org is a ministry to hurting families and troubled marriages. This ministry is God’s calling on the lives of Ivey’s. We teach and coach others what we need to learn the most…God has blessed us for 30 years.
Things about 24k we want you to know:
- 100% of your gifts go directly to making our ministry possible. We take nothing personally from your donation.
- Each contribution is used to help make new marriage good, good ones better and troubled ones whole. Just help us pay expenses.
- Every $500 we raise provides a scholarship to a couple in need of a Marriage 3.0 weekend. Details on our website www.24kgoldmarriage.org.
If you have discretionary giving capability this year, thank you in advance for your consideration. We are grateful for every donation, and most especially, for every donor.